Re: Question re oracleasm

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:32:09 -0700

These are the files were created and are used by ASMlib. When you use "/etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk ..." it will put a file in the /dev/oracleasm/disks directory.

I believe that /dev/oracleasm/iid is for the ASM instance ids. Since there are 3, I assume you have 3 ASM instances in your cluster.

See "Making Disks Available to ASMLib"
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/asmlib/install.html

Regards,

Greg Rahn