Re: Question re inserting hashed strings (I think)

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:49:09 -0700

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> The update is accepted but it is apparently not the correct string as users
> are unable to connect and I must then go in through the application and
> update the password. I don't know how the application hashes the password.

Do you have any idea what function is being used to generate the hash?

Could be an environmentally dependent value is being used as part of the
string to generate the hash.

If so, it might be a good idea to ask them to rethink that process, as
moving the database to a new server ( or some dependency - IP? )
causes the app to break.

Jared Still