RE: Question re CRS installation and Redhat Linux Versioning

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kevin.closson@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:11:33 -0700

Kevin et al,

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I forgot to specify that explicitly in my
original post, both clusters are 32-bit. I will check the various
references and no, they haven't suggested running srvctl with debug on
although they have asked for traces of everything else. I will admit I
have learned to trace practically everything the CRS does, now if I
could only find the meaning of most of the messages in the trace files
I'd be set. The sysadmin wishes to patch the clusters, I think I will
ask him to patch one cluster and then install the packages explicitly
listed in the notes and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the
suggestion. I am about ready to suggest we use SQL Server instead (ok,
only kidding). Updates will be forthcoming.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center