Re: Question on interconnect configuration

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:24:09 +0200

Hi

I think GV$CONFIGURED_INTERCONNECTS shows all possible networks which can be
used for interconnect traffic so if you dont have an interconnect Oracle
might use the public network for that purpose. Following is an message when
the interconnect cannot be used:

Interface type 1 lan0 10.100.70.0 configured from OCR for use as a cluster
interconnect
WARNING 10.100.70.0 could not be translated to a network address error 1
Interface type 1 lan900 10.100.2.0 configured from OCR for use as  a public
interface
  WARNING: No cluster interconnect has been specified. Depending on
           the communication driver configured Oracle cluster traffic
           may be directed to the public interface of this machine.
           Oracle recommends that RAC clustered databases be configured
           with a private interconnect for enhanced security and
           performance.

So it seems that the public network is some sort of backup when interconnect
is unavailable

Thanks

--
LSC