Re: Question on bigfiles

  • From: Ana Choto <achoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:12:44 -0400

Not ready for 11G yet.  Trying to move from 9i to 10G.   The problem is
with the 3rd party applications we have, some are just being certified for
10G.

I had the feeling that bigfiles is not such a good idea.  We use rman for
our oltp applications, but not for the datawarehouse.

Thanks to all that have responded!

Thank you

Ana

Ana E. Choto
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
American University
Office of Information Technology
Phone (202) 885-2275
Fax      (202) 885-2224

** AU IT will never ask for your password via e-mail.
Don't share your password with anyone!

             Robert Freeman
             <robertgfreeman@y
             ahoo.com>                                                  To
                                       achoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Alessandro
             10/26/2009 12:08          Vercelli <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
                                       oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Question on bigfiles

Honestly, if your going to use BIGFILES I'd go 11gR1 instead, particularity
if you are using RMAN.

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY
SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles