RE: Question on SQL*Net message from client

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:28:11 +0200

Harvinder

> We see lot of waits in the database on "SQL*Net message from client"
> and following is one of the sample query with wait events from tkprof,
> what can be the possible reason for long wait for this event for
> truncate command?

Oracle waits for this event when it is waiting on the client.

The truncate is not waiting for it. As you can see from the stats the
total elapsed time is 0.36 seconds. My guess is that it is wrongly
attributed to it.

If you give a look to the trace file it will be just after or before the
parse/execution of the truncate.

HTH
Chris