Re: Question about hugepages, shared memory, and /dev/shm....

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:38:40 +0200

Hi

I have seen those files in Solaris but in /tmp. It wass generated by JIT,
Java In Time Compiler in my case, not sure if it applies in your case.
Seems like it can be PL/SQL native compiled as well, since your are using
EBS it might be the case? It has nothing to do with AMM or ASMM

But look these notes

/dev/shm Filled Up With Files In Format JOXSHM_EXT_xxx_SID_xxx (Doc ID
752899.1)

Stale Native Code Files Are Being Cached with File Names Such as:
JOXSHM_EXT*, PESHM_EXT*, PESLD* or SHMDJOXSHM_EXT* (Doc ID 1120143.1)
Ora-7445 [Ioc_pin_shared_executable_object()] (Doc ID 1316906.1)

Regards