RE: Question about db links and tnsnames.ora

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Paul.Vincent@xxxxxxxxx'" <Paul.Vincent@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:56:19 -0500

Paul,

You do not need to bounce the database.  Check your sqlnet.ora file to make
sure that you are using tnsnames, and not anything else.

On the db server, do a 'tnsping tnsentry' to make sure that it works at the
operating system level.  If that works, then start sqlplus on your server
and try 'select 1 from dual@dblinkname'.

That should get you started.

Good Luck!

Tom