Re: Question about changing GI Home

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chad Cleveland <Chad.Cleveland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 16:54:30 -0500

Admittedly, oracle's docs are sparse here - especially where it just says "do a
clone" with a link to another doc which gives info that's really too
high-level. That said, this is pretty in line with my experience - it either
works or it doesn't.

The process I use relies mainly on code in OPatch rather than runInstaller
(called by clone) to fixup path references in various files. So I haven't
personally validated your specific use case. But one question - the clone docs
suggest that you may need to run the config wizard and two root scripts in
addition to running clone.pl. This wasn't in your steps. Did you try it?

Also, I happened to get your attachment because you directly cc'd me on the
email - but the oracle-l list does strip attachments, so you should try to
figure out a way to share your troubleshooting details with everyone. The doc
you attached was great (lots of detail, all your steps to reproduce)!

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider
Sent from my iPhone