Re: Question about TKPROF output.

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ronnie_doggart@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:25:28 -0500

Ronnie,

Upon further consideration, it should be even easier than that to figure out
the answer. I believe that the 'direct path %' events have a p1, p2, or p3
value that gives you the number of Oracle blocks manipulated (like 'db file
% read' does in the formerly-known-as-p3 value; check in v$event_name to be
sure). You should be able to skip the complication of the strace step by
using that information from the raw Oracle trace file.

Cary Millsap
http://method-r.com
http://carymillsap.blogspot.com