Re: Question about RMAN Datafile + Archivelog Backups

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:34:04 -0800 (PST)

I've always thought that the archivelog backup should be the default condition
with a switch to turn it off. Maybe it's a programitic constraint since the
same command (backup database) is used for both ARCHIVELOG and NOARCHIVELOG
mode backups.
 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON ITS WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles
Check out my new blog series on installing Oracle Database 11gR2 on Windows
using VMWare!

From:Goulet, Richard [mailto:Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx]

True, don't you include the archive logs in the backup set??