Re: Question about RAC

  • From: "Anurag Verma" <anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:08:20 -0600

Do you mean for a single database,  use 4 instances each in 2 servers??

Then what is the meaning of high availability??

If the customer wants RACing 4 seperate databases each with 2 RAC instances
on the 2 servers/nodes, then that is possible.

If it is the first case, you have to educate the customer...

Anurag

On 10/30/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I have a question about RAC.

I have implemented a few RAC on a couple of customers. I have always
worked with two nodes and a single database, i.e 2 servers and a common
database in a shared storage.

I have a customer who wants to use 2 servers to implement 4 RACs, i.ehacing 4
instances in each server. Has anyone done this sort of
implemntation? I am not sure if this is logical or ilogical :-)

Thanks

Alex