RE: Question about RAC

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:33:00 -0500

"hacing 4 instances in each server"

You mean hosting 4 instances each on two servers?   Partitioning each
server into 4 virtual servers and then RAC'ing that?   I vote illogical.
It's supposed to be "High Availablity."    How you going to do the
interconnect?   I'm pretty sure this is a "non-standard" configuration
and if support is important to your customer you're not going to want to
do this.  I'm guessing Oracle would laugh at you if you called in for
help on this.