RE: Question: 10G Release 1 and Release 2 - LDAP

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oliver_Staffeldt-Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Oliver_Staffeldt-Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:21:10 -0700

Hi Oliver,

Can't help with the second question, but your developer is correct on the
first one. Oracle Database 10g does NOT support Name resolution via the
Oracle Name Services - this is a real pain! It does support OiD (Oracle
internet Directory) for name resolution however. Have a look at Metalink
Note:332452.1 and the OID Knowledge base.

Regards,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Co-Author: Oracle Database 10g Insider Solutions
http://www.samspublishing.com/title/0672327910

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **