Re: Query works fine in 8i and not in 9i

  • From: "Daniel W. Fink" <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:22:43 -0600

Abraham,
I would recommend reading Wolfgang's paper "What's New in the 9i CBO" at
www.centrexcc.com. I would also not say this is a problem with the
optimizer. Without seeing the stats and/or a 10053 trace...oops, I mean
a Wolfgang, it is hard to say the optimizer is having a problem. For the
most part, I find that it makes good decisions in 9i. Of course, from
what I hear, when you add in Peoplesoft, the universe spins, up becomes
down, right becomes left and good sql goes bad.

Daniel