Re: Query to find DB Version on Rman Catalog

  • From: Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nagaraj.chk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:33:14 -0400

Nagaraj:
  $rman target /

Recovery Manager: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - 64bit Production

Copyright (c) 1995, 2004, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

connected to target database: XXCSER (DBID=3818643774)

RMAN> exit

Now you knwo what the target database is:

Set your ORACLE_SID as export ORACLE_SID=XXCSER

and login to the database as sysdba using sqlplus.  Then you can query the
v$version table.  You cal also query the  registry$history table or
dba_registry_history table to get the latest patches applied.

Ram Srinivasan

--
Sincerely
Ram Srinivasan