Re: Query processing takes very variable time

  • From: "Jack van Zanen" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:27:28 +1100

How is this for external factors:

Other databases/applications share the same storage and create a bottle neck
on an already choking storage system.
Other databases/applications share the same server and create a cpu
bottleneck on an already chocking CPU (or CPU's)

Specially the first on can be a real PITA to find without proper tools to
monitor big storage systems where all you get allocated are portions of
disks and have no influence on who get the other portions of the same disk

Jack

--
J.A. van Zanen