RE: Query does not work in RAC

  • From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:08:57 +0000

A particularly relevant side effect here is that a plan that uses a merge join
rather than a hash join could have produced the results in a different order
(even when joining the tables in the same order), and that could have a
significant impact on the clustering_factors of the indexes created on the
data, which could result in unexpected choice of indexes and surprising
execution plans later on in the life of the application.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis