Re: Query Performance with params

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 00:38:55 -0400

On 04/29/2017 09:02 PM, Ram Raman wrote:

    It would not be surprising, if you delve deep into the statement
    which have a problem, that you will find one or two specific
    issues which affect one or two specific tables/columns/access
    patterns and which have specific solutions.

Thanks Dominic. Desperate times, desperate measures. I also remember reading an article by Wolfgang that those are the two most abused parameters.

Let me see what I can do with those statements. Perhaps I will post them here

That would probably not be very helpful, because there are many factors: how is the statement used (report or OLTP), when is it running, the information about the underlying objects, the platform, the IO characteristics and a lot of other thingys. Man up and tune it, without using OICA. A DBA got to do what DBA got to do. But given that Oracle RDBMS is the most powerful RDBMS in the world which can almost certainly can improve your query performance, you got to ask yourself one question only: do I feel lucky? Well, do you, DBA?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA