Re: Query Performance with params

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 00:33:50 -0400

On 04/29/2017 03:56 PM, Dominic Brooks wrote:

Fiddling with OIC/OICA was debunked as an acceptable tuning methodology about a decade ago possibly longer...

Believe it or not, I still encounter this at customer sites. Insisting that this is bad almost got me banned from a customer site. Customer told me that I am a backup consultant who doesn't know anything about the inner workings of a database. And not long after that, she was promoted to the DBA manager. That brings to mind the parameter named "PHB".

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA