RE: [QUAR] RE: What are the common mistakes DBA do retarding backup & Recovery?

  • From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:01:35 -0700 (PDT)

Have found the following "interesting" cases -

  1. For cold backups; DBAs were providing a list of files to the unix team to
backup and would shut down the database. The List of files wasn't updated
though more datafiles were added to the database.

  2. Controlfile was not being backed up after a rman backup.

  3. While using conventional backup; After end backup command, no log switch
and no archive log backup was taken.

  Joseph

"Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  This is less common, as more and more folks move to RMAN, but, for
conventional backups, don't backup the online redo logs!

-Mark