Re: [Q] undo tablespace did not release space?? (less quoting)

  • From: "Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:41:10 -0400

The best we found to release space we use a script to recreate it, after a
big import.
I didn't found a way to truncate it in the time I investigate it a way to
reduce it.
Hope this script help you, to reduce your redo tablespace soon.

connect SYS/SYS@XXX as SYSDBA;
shutdown;
connect SYS/SYS@XXX as SYSDBA;
startup pfile=E:\oraXXX\init\initXXX.ora;

CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE TBL_UNDOS  DATAFILE 'E:\oraXXX\datafiles\dfl_undoXXX'
SIZE 50M
REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT  5120K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;
ALTER SYSTEM SET UNDO_TABLESPACE = TBL_UNDOS;
ALTER TABLESPACE "TBL_UNDO" OFFLINE NORMAL;

DROP TABLESPACE TBL_UNDO
INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;

CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE TBL_UNDO  DATAFILE 'E:\oraXXX\datafiles\dfl_undo_XXX'
SIZE 50M
REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT  5120K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;
ALTER SYSTEM SET UNDO_TABLESPACE = TBL_UNDO;

DROP TABLESPACE TBL_UNDOS
INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;

ALTER DATABASE   DATAFILE 'E:\ORAXXX\DATAFILES\DFL_UNDO_XXX' AUTOEXTEND   ON
MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition