Q: farsync questions

  • From: amihay gonen <agonenil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:19:43 +0300

Hi all , I've started playing with farsync to learn better how it work.

I've setup primary and farsync on the same instance (I know it is not best
practice , but for learning propuse). I've create a standby on another
machine and verified everything is working as expected.

Then I've stop the standby (simluate network outage) , put some data in
primary db + commit (no switch log ) and crash both primary db and farsync
instance (in this order).
After that , I've renamed the directory contains the primary db datafiles
and redolog (simluate database loss)

When starting the FS instance , i got errors in the alert log of the FS
complaining it doesn't find the redologs of the primary !! .

Any idea why ? it seems the FS read the primary redo log to complete
recovery? this is strange to me since it is sync transport