Q: database problem migrating from 9i to 10g on Solaris

  • From: Ian Dickens <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:19:53 -0400

<preface - this is pre-coffee>

I've been fighting an issue which has me baffled.  Basically, i
performed a database upgrade of Oracle on Solaris 8 migrating 3
instances from 9i to 10g.  Everything seemed to progress well.  Labels
are not installed.  User/password data and schema are are there
(according to the console).  Users can create, populate and select from
new tables created post upgrade - however, they cannot see tables
brought from 9i.  SYSDBA cannot see tables brought from 9i.

The tables are there in the EM console, they have 55000 or so records.
I've messed with grants, roles and system privs - I'm at a loss.  I
still have the 9i data though the databases in 9i are shutdown.  Has
anyone encountered this problem?  I should mention the error is
ORA-00942.

History:

9i -> 10g (10.1.0.2)

yesterday, I added patch 10.1.0.3 seeing the ORA-00942 issue - fixed
nothing.

Many thanks in advance,

Ian Dickens