RE: [Q] SQLPLUS still on 10g client !!!

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:13:04 -0700 (PDT)

Regardless, many people recommend the command line SQL
Plus over the windows version.

Personally, I have not found any features in the
windows version that I like better than the command
line version. And, the menu-environment options in the
windows version don't matter to me. Am I missing
something?

I have trained my self to use the DOS/command line
version to do paste-cut both using the mouse
(QuickEdit mode) or just using ALT-SPACEBAR menu
commands (K, Y, P, S, L, F). It also gives me the
ability to use up-down arrows to recall previous
entries without typing, and saves me time.

-- on another topic...

This is becoming a very good week.

First, I get my 10g New Features book from Bookpool.

Second, I see Jonathan's post on updates to his book:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/ind_book.html

Both look good, thanks all.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

--- Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think this was a nasty rumor started by
someone.... not only is SQL*Plus
supported, but there are some new features
associated with it as well in
Oracle Database 10g, such as the ability to append
to a spool file!

Robert
Author: Oracle Database 10g New Features