Re: [Q] RMAN backup as one big file problem?

  • From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ron Rogers <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you to your info.  I set to "unlimit".
following are "show all":

RMAN> show all;

using target database controlfile instead of recovery
catalog
RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 2;
CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default
CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK; # default
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE
TYPE DISK TO '/u4/RMANTEST/legl_cf_%F';
CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1; # default
CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK
TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE
DISK TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT
'/u4/RMANTEST/legl_%U.bak';
RMAN configuration has no stored or default parameters
CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default
CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO
'/home/app/oracle/product/9.2/dbs/snapcf_legl.f'; #
default

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs