Re: Q: RAC and non-RAC databases on same servers

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:22:09 -0400

Hi,

On 4/19/05, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We don't have time for it during our outage window so we install it to
> another Oracle home and then only switch oracle home and upgrade
> catalog.
>=20
> This was the answer on the first question as I undertsood it. The
> second question I don't understand at all.
> > When you do a patch do you patch everything at the same time, e.g. all
> > RAC nodes and all their shared homes? Did patching influence your
> > decision for same Oracle home?
I was not clear on 2nd question, sorry. The "same Oracle home" was
talking about RAC and non-RAC sharing. It seemed unusual to me, but I
don't know that much. I suspected it would take too much time to patch
all at once.

I like your idea to install in another home, switch oracle home and
upgrade catalog. Very nice. Thanks.

Regards,

Mike Thomas