Q: Is ORA_DBA group is required for automatic startup after server reboot

  • From: Tomi Wijanto <restomi_w@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:42:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

This is a windows XP.
I test the problem locally with database in my laptop.

Basically I want to know if ORA_DBA group is required
to successfully startup database after server reboot.

If I remove ORA_DBA group from local administrator,
after server reboot database cannot bring up
automatically, and I got this
error on $ORACLE_HOME/database/oradim.log:

Wed Sep 26 17:41:25 2007
C:\oracle\db\10.2\bin\oradim.exe -startup -sid sage
-usrpwd * -log oradim.log -nocheck 0
Wed Sep 26 17:41:53 2007
ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating
a user

If I add again ORA_DBA group, after server reboot
database will start up successfully. I only found this
message on oradim.log:

Wed Sep 26 17:46:42 2007
C:\oracle\db\10.2\bin\oradim.exe -startup -sid sage
-usrpwd * -log oradim.log -nocheck 0

So, please advise if ORA_DBA group is ALWAYS needed
for successfully startup database after server reboot?

Thanks & Regards,
tomi

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.