RE: Puzzle - Abandoned Terminal.

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:22:48 +0000

It would sit, unless you have a profile (or semething else -FW timeout, etc)
that would kill it.

Oracle takes care of deadlocks by killing one of the sessions. If the user
holds a lock (and there is no deadlock) then it will just sit there until the
session is killed (this is why they gave us "shutdown immediate")