Re: Process and sessions overhead

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:14:15 -0600

Jon/Niall,

Other than the usual minimal memory overheads, there is significant impact
on

1. Log File Sync Wait times
2. Calculated Value of MBRC

Starting from 10gR2, MBRC is auto tuned. The value of processes is taken in
to consideration (along with buffer cache,etc) while calculating the MBRC.
So I would exercise caution while playing with these parameters.

-Gopal