Re: Procedure to generate cpu load on a single core of a multicore cpu

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuchshp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 08:36:15 +0300

For last 2 days I'm rewriting a report which does exactly that ;) It
is written on SQL Server but I think it should work on Oracle too.
In order to do that you should think in rows not in sets.
So the idea of duhveloper was:
Create temporary table1 with N rows.
For each row in table1:
- insert it in temporary table2 just populating few id columns
- calculate value for just inserted row for table2.col1 using select,
which full scans table1
- calculate value for just inserted row for table2.col2 using select,
which full scans table1
- calculate value for just inserted row for table2.colM using select,
which full scans table1

Playing with values N and M you should get fantastic results. At least
the duhveloper got.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu