RE: Procedure fails SMTP mailhost?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx>, "rjamya" <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:12:09 -0400

Alex,

This is an error from the SMTP server saying that
you're not authorized to relay mail.  This is
generally the default configuration these days,
cause otherwise, the SMTP server would be abused
by spammers.

Relaying is defined as sending mail where neither
the From nor To addresses are the SMTP host itself.

You need to talk to your admininstrator and get your
Oracle server box added to the list of valid relays
for the SMTP server.  This is a configuration change
on the SMTP server, not the database server.

Hope that helps,

-Mark