Re: Problems with NetApp filer connected to Sun V440 via NFS when using Oracle

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:33:38 +0000

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:19:19 +0100, Carel-Jan Engel
<cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Stephen,
>
>  It's a while ago (2,5 years), but I remember some weird behaviour in an
> AIX/Netapp combination. IIRC (I fired this customer 2 year ago), it had to
> do with a 'mixed' setup on the Netapp end: mixing CIFS and NFS access to the
> same volume caused problems alike the ones you noticed. After separating
> CIFS and NFS the problems vanished. It was some time (and versions) ago, but
> do you have mixed access to the volumes of your filer?

Thanks.  That sounds like a strong candidate.  I wasn't involved in
configuring the filer (that was done by a consultant from NetApp and
one of our internal staff) but I do know that there is a CIFS
connection to it.  I had assumed that it would be on a different
volume within the filer (if NetApp don't know the correct way to set
up their own equipment then who does?) but now I'm wondering.

To be honest this filer has been little but trouble since we got it,
this is just the latest in a long line of problems.

Stephen
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l