Re: Problem with some ORACLE.EXE (SHAD) processes

  • From: David Ramírez Reyes <dramirezr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:15:43 -0500

This is a new environment that was migrated from a very old 8i version just
a week ago; the problems started 2 days after the Go Live...
The EMC advisor says there's a big Virtual Memory paging (I changed the sga
max memory from 6.5 GB to 10 GB 5 days ago without any difference on cpu
usage), but I have other db's (also migrated from 8i) with much more
Virtual Memory usage without any cpu problems (for more than a year) with
the same hardware capabilities.

Performance in general is very good, the problem comes every 24-36 hours
when the cpu goes to the 100% pick and the service hungs; it has failed at
11 am, 5 pm, 7 am, etc, there's no pattern on the hours..

David Ramírez Reyes
Profesión: Padre de Familia