Problem with materialized view refresh...

  • From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:39:51 -0600

We have a low transaction oltp here that we replicate via mv's to a
reporting database.

We have a refresh group set up to refresh all mv's every 2 hours.

We have log tables on the base tables.  The refresh type is 'force.' The
refresh method is 'rowid.'

At some point there was a row inserted into an employee table that was not
propagated to the reporting database.

I manually refreshed that mv via 'force/rowid' and still the row did not
appear in reporting database.

When I changed the refresh type to complete, it appeared.

This is scary as hell to me and has me thinking that our method is severely
flawed somehow...i.e.  I didn't RTFM close enough.

Is this expected behavior?

HP-UX 8.1.7.2

Thanks