Re: Problem with SQL coming from SQL Server into Oracle DB

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:22:25 -0600

If the bind variable is replaced with 1, 2, 3, or even up to 20 values and
run from sqlplus or SQL Developer, if performs very well.  If you submit the
same values through SQL Server it runs very poorly.  No idea how evenly the
values are distributed.  Tables were analyzed and we do the automatic stats
gathering available in 10g.

As far as one value running as quickly as 3, well, there are those among us
who think that doing an FTS on 23M rows and returning 30% of those rows
should come back in 3 seconds or less.  That's another battle for another
day.  Right now our concern is that the sql runs very well from sqlplus but
chokes when submitted through SQL Server.  The other DBA and I believe it's
a problem on the SQL Server or the JSP side of things, but have been unable
to convince this particular developer that he needs to do more
investigation.

Sandy