Re: Problem with OUI and SSH

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeffthomas24@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:38:05 -0500

On 12/27/2006 09:14:36 AM, Jeffery Thomas wrote:
> All:
>
> I'm getting the following error when attempting to invoke 10g OUI on
> a new Solaris 10 box.   I connect to the new server via xhost +, ssh -X,
> and can invoke the standard xWindows utilities such as xclock.   My
> Google-Fu
> skills seem to indicate that this is some sort of connection-forwarding
> problem, but still, only OUI is balking.

OUI stands for "Oracle's Untested Infuriator" and it depends on what kind
of graphics Java expects on the client. If your graphics on the server side
has 24 bits and just 16 bits on your PC, it will not work. At any rate, my
advice is to use vnc instead of PC screen.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com