Re: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:29:23 -0700

You don't mention the version of Oracle client that you have installed.

If it doesn't match the version the DBD::Oracle was compiled with, it
will not work.

If you got the DBD::Oracle from ActiveState, there's a pretty good
chance it will not work.

Try ftp://esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI for a DBD::Oracle compiled
against more recent versions of Oracle.

Or maybe http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/DBI

Then join the DBI users group, as that is a better forum for DBD::Oracle
specific questions.

http://lists.perl.org/

Unfortunately, all the servers mentioned seem to be down at the moment.

Jared

--
Jared Still