Re: Practice of using chopt to disable database options

  • From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:18:37 +0530

My apologies, I was answering based on the current (12c) state of affairs. It was probably different before 11g - but from 11g onwards, for the most part we don't support you not installing the database options, and you are NOT charged based on what you install, since you don't officially have the choice of not installing options...KJ

--
Kevin Jernigan
Senior Director Product Management

On 11/15/13, 1:19 PM, oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Morning Kevin,

I've been audited. I've been shown the actual docs that says you must license what you install. I've had to pay.

With all due respect, I do know what I'm typing about.

Things might be different at 11g/12c but I was "done" for versions up to and including 10g.

Those are facts, not one of a set of inconsistent docs.

It cost us, lots!

Cheers,
Norm

Sent from my HTC