Re: Post script after RAC DB Startup

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kapilvaish1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:23:30 +0530

Hello Kapil,
What it forces to do the maintenance job..is it your maintenance procedure
or requirement..
I do not think users can be affected by the maintenance work...index can be
rebuilt online..
package maintenance you can create scheduled job to fire when it is less
load..

thanks..subodh

On 23 November 2011 00:40, kapil vaish <kapilvaish1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Guys ,
>
> For some of our RAC envs, we do following during cold backup .
>
> 1. Shutdown DB
> 2. Take backup
> 3. startup DB in restricted mode
> 4. Do maintenace work like compile packages, pin packages,some index/table
> reorg etc and then
> 5. open DB to users ( in normal mode)
>
> These all DBs are in RAC environment and we don't register them in the
> CRS. So, even when the server is shutdown, the DB will not automatically
> start and open to users without doing maintenance work.
> Now there is a requirement to register all the dbs in CRS along with
> services .With this registration, an init.d script is created to start CRs
> (crsctl start crs) . CRS will then start up the database and open to
> users.   I will not be able to do my maintenace work. Are there any options
> to start the DB in restricted mode with RAC startup and then run scripts to
> do maintenance automatically before the DB is opened to users ?
>
> any pointers are appreciated ..
>
> thanks
> kapil
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

TRUTH WINS AT LAST, DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY