Post script after RAC DB Startup

  • From: kapil vaish <kapilvaish1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:10:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys ,

For some of our RAC envs, we do following during cold backup .

1. Shutdown DB
2. Take backup
3. startup DB in restricted mode
4. Do maintenace work like compile packages, pin packages,some index/table
reorg etc and then
5. open DB to users ( in normal mode)

These all DBs are in RAC environment and we don't register them in the CRS. So,
even when the server is shutdown, the DB will not automatically start and open
to users without doing maintenance work.
Now there is a requirement to register all the dbs in CRS along with services
.With this registration, an init.d script is created to start CRs (crsctl start
crs) . CRS will then start up the database and open to users.   I will not be
able to do my maintenace work. Are there any options to start the DB in
restricted mode with RAC startup and then run scripts to do maintenance
automatically before the DB is opened to users ?

any pointers are appreciated ..

thanks
kapil