RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 02:08:09 +0100 (BST)

If you take a look at the view defn for dba_objects, its probably not the
cheapest thing to query
- which is why I use the x$ tables - nice and quick, and who cares about read
consistency etc etc
when you're just trying to smack squillions of rows into a table.

 --- "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Juan,
>
> If you just want to create table from DBA_OBJECTS, use nologging, as
> Connor already pointed out.
>

> Mark J. Bobak
> Oracle DBA
> ProQuest Company
> Ann Arbor, MI

=====
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com