RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:52:45 -0400

From: Mark W. Farnham=0D
Date: 10/06/04 13:08:28=0D
To: jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging=0D
 =0D
too long a thread to read the whole thing.=0D
 =0D
Did anyone point out to you that the difference is that a failure with=0D
nologging or append will cause you to lose that individual object, while =
if=0D
your disable logging and space management takes places you may well lose =
the=0D
whole database?=0D
 =0D
Since it is a whole lot easier to do and is supported I would recommend=0D
either create as .... nologging or using /*+ append *+/ depending on what=
=0D
you are doing, rather than attempting to disable logging on the entire=0D
database.=0D
 =0D
Then if something in the load/create fails, you just clean up a bit and d=
o=0D
it again.=0D
 =0D
After the fact you take a backup if you care about the results.=0D
 =0D
mwf=0D
 =0D
-----Original Message-----=0D