RE: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:21:54 -0400

Juan,

If you just want to create table from DBA_OBJECTS, use nologging, as
Connor already pointed out.

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI

From: DGoulet@xxxxxxxx
Date: 10/06/04 10:05:52
To: jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=20
There are some things like this that I believe should not be done, even
in test. The reason is that now you've crippled a significant item for
database recovery for the purpose of shaving a couple of microseconds
off of the execution time. Problem with that is that when the same
application starts to run in production it will run slower than in test
& damanagement will want the same performance/crippled database in
production. Then when, not if, all hell breaks loose you're the one
trying to explain why the database can't be recovered. I personally
like having my test environment, not development, in a similar
configuration so that all of the background delays play out just like in
production.
=20
=20
Dick Goulet