RE: Planned Maintenance - Believe or not ?

  • From: "Lange, Kevin G" <kevin.lange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:26:56 -0500

I agree with Joel.  24x7x365 .  Unless there is a degredation , I really
see no reason to take things down.  Especially with most of the patches
on various things being "In-Place" patches these days.

That being said, I still like a nice cold backup of a database now and
again.   Maybe its just because of doing this so long that you remember
the times when it was essential to have those backups.   I don't know.
It just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to know I have it.