RE: Philosophical question on primary keys

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:55:37 -0400

The columns in this table appear to be static data values by their
nature so hopefully this will not be a problem.  It is also the only
index on the table if I remember the initial post correctly.

Based on the issue being reported I am not sure there is a good
alternative, other than using both columns as part of the PK, since
Richard Foote has written about the performance penalty of using a
non-unique index to support the PK.  Using both columns was not desired
by the OP,

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148