Re: Periodic Stats Collection -- CBO Stats Myth?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:29:04 +0100

The policy I implemented at my former employer on their databases that had a
strong financial cycle was to collect stats just before month end processing
and only then. It seemed to work reasonably well. I do strongly remember a
new ERP system going pear-shaped with 'no data changes' and so it must be
the dbas fault. Turns out they had just added 13 rows to a single table. It
only had 26 rows previously and they all represented a financial period and
so this lookup table was used in every query. :)

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA