Re: Performance tuning of a system

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:21:46 -0400

Minor correction,

it seems the module/action/client_info etc method will work only on
ASH tables (wrh$_active_session_history) and not on other tables. So,
you might need to grab necessary info from active_session_history
table periodically and save it in your own table to trend on. This
could get tricky as you will have to roll your own code to grab
information.

Another possibility (which I used few years ago). was to assign
specific service to each app, then you can utilize service level
metrics as well. But since you need to capture SQL and related
information, sampling ASH might be easiest, if other views are unable
to provide program/user level data.

Apologies since my earlier reply implied that this would be very easy,
it appears it might not be as simple as I originally thought. But you
always have the 10046 hammer as the last resort.

Raj