Re: Performance problems after moving to new hardware

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 08:28:02 -0700

AWR from old server

Host CPU (CPUs: 32 Cores: 16 Sockets: 4)

Top 5 Timed Foreground Events

 EventWaitsTime(s)Avg wait (ms)% DB timeWait Class db file parallel
read72,5704,3556050.98User I/O DB CPU 2,092 24.49  db file sequential
read387,1051,308315.31User I/O direct path write temp3,2275091585.96User
I/O db file scattered read133,0512362    2.27 User I/O

Operating System Statistics - Detail Snap
TimeLoad%busy%user%sys%idle%iowait 24-Feb 10:00:421.06      24-Feb
11:00:592.024.401.742.6695.600.00

AWR from new server

Host CPU (CPUs: 32 Cores: 4 Sockets: 1)

Top 5 Timed Foreground Events

 EventWaitsTime(s)Avg wait (ms)% DB timeWait Class db file parallel
read46,33718,80840643.47User I/O db file sequential
read154,0626,8614515.86User I/O direct path write temp8,3943,2033827.40User
I/O log file sync3,0021,5645213.61Commit DB CPU 1,433 3.31

Operating System Statistics - Detail Snap
TimeLoad%busy%user%sys%idle%iowait 03-Mar 10:00:422.73      03-Mar
11:00:372.957.124.692.4392.880.00
I asked the SEs to look at both the server and storage for any errors,
anomalies, etc.  They report no issues and the load on the server is lower
than it ever was on the old server, even with two additional databases on
the new server.  Part of our consolidation project--fewer but bigger, more
powerful servers.  I also asked them to take a look regarding the
information Al suggested regarding the EMC.

Sandy

--
Sandy
GHX