Re: Performance Problem

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:27:57 +1100

Limin Guo wrote,on my timestamp of 6/11/2007 7:14 AM:

We upgraded Peoplesoft databases from 9.2.0 to Oracle 10.2.0.2 <http://10.2.0.2> about a year ago. During the testing phase, I found that I had to set the following hidden parameter to make the application running smoothly. After the 10.2.0.3 <http://10.2.0.3> patchset was applied to those databases in , I had not rechecked if any of the following parameters need to be adjusted.

*._complex_view_merging=false
*._gby_hash_aggregation_enabled=FALSE
*._optimizer_cost_based_transformation='off'
*._unnest_subquery=false

Very hard to say what will work with what, it
all depends on which Peopletools release you're on.
According to release notes for 8.48.10 there are
two mandatory patches to be applied to 10.2.0.3 for
that Peopletools release.  They don't mention
any additional parameters.  However, I've found out
the hard way that _unnest_subquery is required for
most of the custom views at our site.  The vanilla
standard Peoplesoft code doesn't appear to need it
but our custom code certainly does.
I've kept a record of which parameters were added,
when and why: it's relatively easy for us to do a
regression test and find out if something works
well or not.  But it doesn't mean it will work
with someone else's release levels.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto